Thursday, April 3, 2008

Good ol' emotions




So I am realizing that this pregnancy has been more challenging emotionally than it has been physically. I was up crying to Kris the other night that I feel like I'm having to say goodbye to Jackson with this new baby coming. I was mourning the fact that my relationship with him as I know it is about to be over. It seriously breaks my heart. He gave me the sweetest blessing and reminded me that "love knows no bounds." It's amazing to me that we are blessed with the capacity to give more and more love, even when our hearts are wrapped up in what we currently know. I just trust that I'll have the help I need in this transition. I know we'll love this new baby, but all the unknown still frightens me a little bit.
Anyway, cute things little nugget has been doing lately: "baptizing" himself each night during his bath, flashing people then pointing to his tummy and telling people that "baby brother" is in there, insisting on helping me clean the house with his new toy vacuum. He also says "oh my goodness!" randomly at things that excite him. It's hilarious. I love that kid! Oh and by the way, we still have no name for this baby, so all suggestions are welcome!

13 comments:

Tara said...

You are adorable, you are going to be a great mom to #2! You will be amazed. I remember asking my mom and dad when we were little who do you love the best! They'd say all of us of course. You will soon know what that is. You don't think that you can love someone as much as you love Jack, but you just wait! T

Danica said...

You are so cute. I love Jackson's adorable little -isms. You gown do great, gyrl.

Bobbi said...

I SO know what you are feeling! It's almost like right now you want to soak up as much time with little Jack before you have to split yourself and your time and energy between two little people who completely depend on you! What's so amazingly cool, though, is that Jack will become your helper, and you will get to know him in a whole new way. You will get to see him as a big brother, and he will become even more adorable than ever! You, Kris & Jack will ALL love that new baby together, and it will be SO AWESOME!!! I am definitely excited for you. I think you should name your 2nd born "Bobby". It's a good boy name...I should know. You look amazing, by the way. Pregnancy definitely suits you!!! I can't believe your due date is almost here! Only 15 more days! Wow! It's practically here!!! How exciting!!!

Arian said...

K, I felt the EXACT same way you are feeling before I had boy #2. I could not understand how I was going to love another little boy as much and had many crying episodes thinking that I was going to lose some of the love for Tanner when Brody came. I was so wrong! It is amazing because my love just continued to grow more and more for Tanner when Brody came. Then I was amazed to find that I had an equally huge amount of love for my new baby. Love really knows no bounds. I didn't think it was possible for there to be more love but having another one proved that wrong completely. I feel like the love that is coming from me to my boys doubles each day and it really doesn't change my initial love for Tanner. It only gets better, Mar! I promise! Plus, I have to say that having two boys is so much fun - Tanner and Brody are finally reaching a stage where they love playing together and can entertain each other without my help (like while I am sitting here typing they are downstairs reading books together in the playroom). It is so awesome. I am so excited you are reaching your D-Day. Good luck and keep me updated! :) Love ya!

Natalie N said...

I'm so glad you have Kris, Mar! He's inspired for sure. You'll laugh at these pregnancy emotions once the baby comes; you'll see that the newborn just sleeps all the time and things will hardly have changed at all between you & Jack. You'll be enamored just as much with Jack on April 17th as you will be with him on the 18th.

I went through a similar surge of emotions when they broke my water with Cole--about 3 hours before he came. I just got so sad thinking how Whitney wouldn't be my only one any more, but I saw that it wasn't that big of a change once he was here. I think it's good that you're preparing for the worst, because I think you'll be happily surprised at how you'll handle 2 sweet children.

You're a champ! Only 2 more weeks till these pregnancy emotions are out the window!! You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE having another baby :)

Sarah Hull said...

Amen to everyones comments. I remember those feelings, and it's funny that I don't have them with this thrid one because I know now that it all works out. I feel like it is going to be the best present I can give them.. another sibling! It is true that Heavenly Father gives us this amazing ability to love with out end, more than one person. It's hard to wrap your brain around it, but it just happens. Don't worry one more second about it, you'll see the miracle take place and it will be such a joyful experience.
By the way, you look like a motherhood model. You are so skinny and just have this darling ball in the middle of you! Lookin good girl!

Marlie said...

Can I just say that I love all you girls!! Your sweet words really mean a ton to me.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...

We love having two boys. They share clothes, toys, be on each others sports teams, play and fight together. I cherish the time I spent with my two boys as infants and toddlers and being a stay at home Mom. And before you know it they will both be old enough to go to elentary school. Enjoy this season of your live and theirs...it's a precious time. We're excited for you and your growing family! Love, Jenny

MIMOM2 said...

Having just made the transition to 2 in the last 2 weeks - I have to say - It is amazing and you will be so excited to see how Jack will mature and how your love will grow exponentially!

Erin said...

You are just the sweetest! You have an amazing heart and capacity to love! I know that you will truly be amazing. You look amazing too!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the four of you!!!

Melissa said...

Marlie,
I think everyone feels that way with the second! Your heart grows bigger with each child to make room for more love! Although,I will admit it was difficult at first to balance my time. I always felt like I was "cheating on" the other one. (Of course, I had some emotional issues which made everything for the first few months "difficult"). But, now it is amazing how it just naturally works out. I get plenty of individual time with each one, and lots of time where we all of fun together! Jackson will love his baby and you will love watching them together!

Anonymous said...

ghj