Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The latest

Kris and Jack outside the Denver Temple.


Wow...three months and no blogging. As afore mentioned, I am the worst with this stuff. I feel like anytime I sit down at the computer too much of my time is sucked away, so I avoid it in general. Anyway, lots has happened, which will be shared primarily through pictures. Since my last post, we celebrated my b-day up in Half Moon Bay, CA (it was amazing!!) right there on the coast, we had a fun trip to Utah (Katherine's surprise 30th b-day Stake Dance Party), and enjoyed a great Halloween. You'll see my little Wesley isn't so little anymore. He's SO darling. I can't stop kissing either of these boys. I was telling my mom the other day that I've never been so happy. Motherhood is the greatest blessing.

Well, little Jack is trying to master the potty little by little. I was laughing to myself the other day at how being a mom is anything but glamorous. I love wiping up my kid's dung (the stuff that doesn't quite make a clean drop), his pee on the wood floor...sweet. So funny. And yet, I love what I'm doing. Things that Jack has said that crack me up:

Me: "Jack, want to go to the park?"
Jack: "Yeah mom. That would be amazing!"

Me: "Jack, you need to stop getting so big. It's making me sad."
Jack: "No mom, it can make you happy in your face." (with a super high-pitched voice to encourage my happiness)

Jack (first thing one morning): "Hmmm Mom, what do we do today? The toy store or McDonalds?" (I love his clever little mind...just giving me my 2 options)

Jack (one morning getting ready for church): "You look pretty mom. You getting married?"

Jack (at breakfast): "Mom, I just want toast and chocolate milk. Just toast and not butter. Butter is too dangerous for me." (I have no idea where he got that, but it made me laugh).

Jack: "Mom, I want to watch Mermaid. Don't say no. Say yes, like Nephi." (We've been learning about how Nephi always had a good attitude and said yes when asked to do things).

Yeah, life is pretty amazing with these sweet little boys. We sure love them. Hope everyone is doing well. I love peeking in on your blogs and seeing your beautiful families. Until 2009! Just kidding...maybe.

Me and Kat with our new babes (Mary Jane and Wes)


Cute missionary mom at the Bishop's Storehouse cooking lunch



HECK YEAH! It's THOMAS!!
Dad and Wes







My b-day outside our hotel at sunset

Mom and I ran her 5K together at the Senior Olympics







Our little monster and Buzz


Ward Trunk or Treat with my cuties


At Kris' office Halloween party for the kids


Me and Kat at her surprise birthday party

Are you kidding me?? I'm dying!

This is the cutest video ever of Jack making Wes laugh. It was back at the beginning of September. Way too precious.

11 comments:

Danica said...

I'm dying too! Loved all the pics and loved Jack's little sayings...are you kidding me? So so cute, and great to see pics of cute Kat too. Love that last picture. Way too darling, dude.

Hilary said...

So cute! I love all the pictures. I bet you just adore having two little boys. (I loved reading what you wrote write before your second was born, they were my exact thoughts before having my second, like "How can I do this to my little angel, we have our whole little world figured out as a twosome?" But of course, love knows no bounds and I can't imagine not having Ellie around). My two little girls are exactly two years and one day apart, and I'm so entrenched in the world of girls (not unlike the one I grew up in!) I'm kinda terrified to have a boy (but really do hope to next time around!)
Email me sometime at hilarycjohnson@gmail.com
Take care! Love, Hil

Melissa Summers said...

Hah. I knew if I said something about your blog you would do it. Just kidding. Love the photos. Your little Wes is so darling. Your boys are looking more and more alike. Brandon doesn't say as much as Jack but he is talking now and I love to hear his little voice. Love you.

maurorosell said...

Hola!tanto tiempo!que bello es saber de vos,siempre tuve la ilusion de volver a saber de ti,y ahora es una realidad!siempre tan hermosa y con una maravillosa familia.En el barrio donde asistimos hay muchos miembros que tu hermano bautizó.Mandame tu direccion de e-mail,la mia es:lauraymauro_01@hotmail.com.Te re quiero!vos siempre me decias:chica!y los recuerdos tan bonitos quedaran en mi mente! Our kids loves Thomas the locomotive, so they were so excited with that picture in your blog!

Elissa said...

Oh, I love the pictures! They are so precious. You look beautiful! And your boys, they are so handsome and are getting so big. What a beautiful family!

Tara said...

I can't even believe it! You boys are so dang precious. I love reading your words. You make me laugh. Dung?

Natalie N said...

Hola hermana mas bonita del mundo! Que hermosa es tu familia! Quiero besar y abrasarlos muchisimo. A mi me gusta los diciendos de Yack. El es bien listo y inteligente. Si. Eso si.

Oh man. Could my Spanish be any worse? I think I made up a few new words in there. ha ha. That's about all I can do without Tyler here. Seeing the Spanish on this page just got my mind thinking Latina for a minute, and I couldn't resist!

Seriously though - Loved the update! Great pics! And Jack's little sayings were so fun to read. I'm glad you're loving motherhood so much. What a blessing to have a beautiful, healthy, and happy family!

xoxo

Thorpe said...

Hey, Bobbi just sent me your family blog url. It is so fun to see how you are doing. I love being a mom too. It is the greatest. How is all of your family? I did see a couple of pictures. Your parents look awesome. Check out my blog, I just started so there isn't that much. thorpethoughts.blogspot.com. Anyway, Colorado huh, that is where we are suppose to be living but due to life we are now moving to Mesa AZ. We love Colorado though. Take care.
Angela Bury Thorpe

MIMOM2 said...

So excited to see you updated :) Your little guys are too precious. I loved the picture updates. Completely understand the computer taking too much time. Here it is 10 minutes of 5 am and I am looking at your blog so I don't do it when the kids are up. Have a great holiday!

Raena Johnson said...

hey there marlie. i just came across your blog - so no worries on how long it took to update. cute cute cute little boys. don't you just wish you could bottle your kids cuteness up and keep them that way forever. say hi to kat for me.

Tara said...

Marlie, just to let you know my yahoo account doesn't work anymore. So email me at tbowdog@aol.com Thanks Tara