Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sweet Sweet Neil



So for Kris' b-day, I surprised him with tickets to Neil Diamond. Amazing, I know. We do have somewhat of a history with Mr. Diamond. Our second date was to a Super Diamond concert up in San Francisco. They are a hilarious cover band for the man. Anyway, we had a blast. I was dying laughing. That guy was such a great entertainer though. I left feeling like a genuine fan. I'd like to share a couple of my favorite comments from his show: "Those of you who have been to my concerts know the rule...there are no rules!" (after which the place exploded with cheers--awesome); "Let this next song take you away. Just sit back, relax, and let the music wash over you. We'll do all the heavy lifting," (awesome). He was great. By the way, the picture of Neil above...with the hand outstretched, the palm up...well that was a favorite pose of his throughout the night. He closed multiple songs with that amazing form...although sometimes his eyes were closed and his head was back. Hilarious. Below is the cake I made for Kris...it says "This train stops for Neil!" I was pretty proud of myself seeing that I stink at cakes (almost as much as I do at blogging. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to flip this picture around).
So below are a few fun recent pics. Jack has informed us that he's getting married at Winchell's someday. Cool Jack. Then my little cuties at Costco. It was Wes' first time sitting up in a shopping cart. Lastly, J-man having a ball in the backyard after a recent snowfall. And one quick story. We've been watching the Book of Mormon DVD's (which we may put away for a time) recently. Jack made an inspired comment the other day after having watched the one about Abinadi and King Noah. We were in Sacrament meeting and he was bugged for whatever reason and yelled, "Dad, I'm gonna burn you in the fire!!!" Yes!!! I love those moments. We got a few turned heads for that one.


10 comments:

Elissa said...

Oh how I miss you guys! What fun times. I can't believe how big the boys are getting. They are so cute!!!

Danica said...

so awesome. love those kiddos and can't wait to see you! you forgot to mention your awesome neil duet at the reunion.

Melissa Summers said...

Make sure I get an invite to the Winchells wedding. Brandon has the same shirt Jack had on at Costco. How cute is little Wes in the shopping cart? Love and miss you. Merry Christmas!!!

Natalie N said...

I love that you guys are Neil Diamond fans. Sounds like the concert was a blast! What a great present you thought of for Kris!

Loved the pictures too, sis! Jack looks adorable in the snow picture, and who gave permission for Wesley to grow up big enough to sit up in the cart at Costco!?!

We're missing you guys and our cute nephews!
xoxo

Tara said...

I love Neil! Way cool, your little boys are so dang cute! I miss your guts.

Jenny said...

I'm still giggling about the sweet moment in Sacrament meeting when Jack said he was going to burn Kris in a fire. I love stories like that.

Way to go on the cake Marlie. Glad you two could go to a concert together. Sounds like fun.

You have a great family! Thanks for your blog update. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I've heard everyone's getting married at Winchell's these days. I know I am anyway...

Katie said...

Marlie! I'm so excited to finally see that you have a blog! It was so fun to see your Christmas letter, I can't believe how big and cute those boys are. Tell Kris hello from us.

kSuave said...

Those are two cute boys you've got, girl! Not to mention a handsome hubby. So, where are you guys? I can't believe you're all married and drive a sweet van and are all grown up. You look exactly the same, though. Shoot me an email sometime: kenricrussell@gmail.com. We're moving back to Provo-land and look foward to getting back in touch with some fellow old farts.

RachelBarker said...

Ok, I finally found your blog!!!!! This is Rachel Barker aka the girl that went to Stanford ward with you sometimes and joked around being surround by smarties and you married one!!! :) You look so beautiful and happy! Would love to catch up.