Monday, February 4, 2008

I am Robo Cop

Dude...so this is awesome. With Jack's pregnancy everything seemed to flow perfectly...with the exception of the sweet stretch marks that came at the end. So I have been expecting the same this time around. Sadly though, I think my body feels like it's 80 now or something because I got this awesome varicose vein on my right leg in the last couple of weeks. I won't go into too much detail, but it's sick and freaks me out! Anyway, my doctor suggested that I get some support hose for the problem. YESSSS!! So I went and bought the suggested thigh high ($100! Who doesn't love to spend money at a store whose sidewalk sale proudly displays personal scooters for senior citizens?). It's awesome. I seriously look like freaking Robo Cop. It cracks me up. Just one leg with this cool thigh high on it. Pretty picture!

17 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

so I just sent you an email asking how you were feeling... this answers my question. One problem... we need pictures of the "support hose". How funny that last week I was told by the nurse to get some as well... i just laughed it off and did not think that people actually wore them... now I know they do. Keep us posted on how well they work and then maybe I'll have to get some for myself.

Tad said...

I am glad you finally gave in to the pressure!

Most days I feel young, like just yesterday you and I were eating horse sandwiches with Fava, and other days I feel old, like when I look at certain part of my body that seem to have migrated.

I am sure you are looking good though, lets get some belly poppin' pictures out there!

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

Hey you, glad you set this up! You can check us out as well at deanandtarabowen.blogspot.com! i LOVE TO BE PREGNANT!!!! I am so sorry, Tara

Melissa said...

When I am pregnant my "real" age is 85, so at least your feeling a few years younger than I do when pregnant. You gotta love support hose, especially when they cost $100!

maren bosley said...

Hey Marlie! I just found your blog through Stacey's blog! Congrats on expecting baby boy #2! My first 2 are boys and they are best buds. I'm excited to keep up with you and your family!

BYU Principals Academy said...

marlie,
now it will be so fun to see your cute family too. i guess that means i need to get one of these thing too. we will see. i am sure you are a darling prego lady!
loves johanna stewart on court's computer

Arian said...

K, how is it that you are still so hilarious?? I figured some things had to fade by the second pregnancy but nope, you are still my funniest friend ever. Glad to see some pics of your boys. Now let's see some of you in your prego glory. :)

Jaime said...

Man, I am soo jealous. I secretly love support hose like I love a good spanking. You so lucky!

Natalie N said...

You're the best. I'm glad you're blogging now! I saw your link through your profile. I love this Robo Cop story. You make me laugh so hard. I can't believe your thigh-high was $100. Dang pregnancies! Good thing those newborns are so cute.

Hopefully we can see you this weekend--if Tyler ever figures out what his schedule is like. We're finding that this new rotation has very few predictable days. Tyler thinks he'll find out on Friday when his day off is. I can't wait to have Jack see Baby Annie Bop again. :)

Danica said...

ewe r sew kewl. eye luv u n urz.

Jenny said...

Love your blog! We miss you guys!

Sarah Hull said...

I'm sure you have your blog for 5 minutes and it looks all prom with a million comments!

Erin said...

So sorry to hear about your support hose!!! My friend had those too. You are not alonel. I have vericose veins that hurt at times as well! Isn't getting older fun!? Well I am so glad you have joined the blogger world! It makes it fun to catch up and keep in touch!!
Erin

Stacey Bishop said...

Hey marlie!! I'm so glad you have a blog. I love stalking my friends!! I'm with Sarah about you needing to post pictures of your hot legs in support hose. Who would have thought 10 years ago that our bodies would be going through all this?

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures and clever article about you and Dani! You're too funny!

MIMOM2 said...

I just found your blog on Jaime's Web site. I love it. Sorry to hear about the vein. I am getting a few lovely gifts from this pregnancy as well. I can't wait to read the rest of your installments.

Carrie